Friday, July 16, 2010

Here We Go!

July 1, 2010. That was the day I decided to commit fully to this whole intuitive eating (IE) business for one full year. One year to see if this really works, if it will finally help me stop fighting with and hating my body and start living in ways that involve more than what I weigh and what I put in my mouth. I’ve been hating my body, battling low self-esteem, and putting my life on hold for probably 35 years now, give or take. So, in the grand scheme of things, I don’t think giving one year to IE is unreasonable. If nothing else, it hardly seems like it can be worse than a very long history of failed diets that are too numerous to mention. So this is the year that I commit to see if I can turn that around, once and for all.

So what will this blog be about? First and foremost, it will be about my journey with intuitive eating. And so in that sense, it will be about food and health. What I eat, when I eat, how I eat, what makes me want to eat when I’m not hungry, which exercises and activities I enjoy and which I dread. I anticipate many challenges along the way, but I hope the good days will outnumber the bad. But I also see it as being about the gaps in my life. The gaps that I’ve been filling with food. So, I will talk about my adventures in the world my broadly. I will express opinions that don’t always have an outlet. I will step outside my comfort zone. I will discover and explore interests that have long been smothered and neglected. I will treat myself with respect. And I will report the results.

In short, for the next year, my goal is that this blog will be about my efforts to come out of my shell and live authentically in every way possible, once and for all. I hope it will be a successful year. I guess we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment